We all know about the war on women’s health that is being waged by the Republican Presidential candidates. I will say that Rick Santorum has at least been consistent all of his political life. He would like to see Planned Parenthood and other reproductive health clinics just disappear. But then there’s Mitt Romney, who as Governor of Massachusetts used to be pro-choice and supported PPFA’s mission. And now, of course, he has done a total reversal.
If Romney gets the presidential nomination, consider that he will try to stop PPFA (and the independent clinics) from not just performing abortions but also breast exams, life saving cervical cancer screenings, testing and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases and offering birth control.
I urge those of you who support women’s health (and who trust women to make their own decisions) to get involved in the presidential campaign. There may be no more important one than this one.
- Susan G. Komen’s priceless gift (salon.com)
- Romney To Women Voters: ‘Vote For The Other Guy’ If You Want Greater Access To Birth Control (thinkprogress.org)
- Komen Foundation Exploits Breast Cancer Mission to Make War on Planned Parenthood (alternet.org)
- 5 Important Lessons from the Komen/Planned Parenthood Fiasco (Don’t Mess With Women’s Health) (alternet.org)
- Planned Parenthood Condemns Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell Signing Mandatory Ultrasound Law (yubanet.com)