Everyone knows that Planned Parenthood does more than abortions. Well, almost everybody. If you are an anti-abortion zealot, you’d say that’s all they do. One of the things the PPFA facilities do is offer breast cancer screenings and over the years, the Susan G. Komen Foundation has provided them with almost $1 million to help women.
But now, something is fishy. Citing the fact that a certain Congressman has held a hearing examining PPFA’s operations (an anti-abortion Congressman), the Foundation has just announced that they will no longer provide PPFA with funding!!! That’s right. Some nutball decides to hold a sham hearing on PPFA and the folks at the Foundation are now running for cover.
Shame on the folks at the Susan G. Komen Foundation, a normally great organization for a worthy cause. Don’t expect any more contributions from me!
- Susan B. Komen Foundation’s Snippy ‘Cave-in’ Statement (odwyerpr.com)
- Susan G. Komen Foundation Illustrates Hypocriscy At Its Finest (geekmadel.com)
- Karen Handel Leaves Susan G. Komen Foundation (news.firedoglake.com)
- Meet Linda: Breast Cancer/Politics and More on Komen Foundation (leartisteboots.wordpress.com)
- The Susan G. Komen Foundation Joins Republican Effort to Destroy Planned Parenthood (sayitaintsoalready.com)
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure (ronscoffeeandchocolates.wordpress.com)
- Komen, Planned Parenthood in PR Fight (odwyerpr.com)
- Decemberists Withdraw Support of Susan G. Komen Foundation (rollingstone.com)
- Karen Handel Resigns From The Komen Foundation, But Swears It’s ‘Not Political’ (blisstree.com)