The Virginia legislature has passed legislation requiring women to get an ultrasound before they could have an abortion. Of course, it’s entirely insulting to women to suggest that they need this “help” but that’s only part of the story.
It seems that no one – not even the pro-choice groups – understood that if a woman was contemplating an early abortion, the only way to see the fetus would be to have a vaginal ultrasound! That’s right. It was not until a clever lawyer in the pro-choice movement thought this through a little that the word got out. And now the legislature has gone back to the drawing board.
That’s a very sad commentary on the state of women’s health. In many ways, we are still just afterthoughts.
- Virginia’s McDonnell Backtracks on Trans-Vaginal Ultrasound Bill (news.firedoglake.com)
- Virginia House Passes, But Governor Rejects Mandatory Vaginal Ultrasound Legislation [Roe V World] (jezebel.com)
- The Virginia Vagina Debacle (themoderatevoice.com)
- Protest of Trans-Vaginal Ultrasound Bill in Virginia Leads to Delay (news.firedoglake.com)
- Is Virginia’s Controversial Anti-Abortion Law ‘Akin to Rape’? (clutchmagonline.com)
- Virginia Bill Requiring Ultrasound Before Abortion Nears Vote (nytimes.com)
- What “Rape Sonograms” Are Really About (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Virginia Waters Down Abortion Ultrasound Bill (newser.com)
- The left’s outrageous outrage at ultrasounds revisited (hotair.com)
- Virginia’s War on Women (keepwomenhealthy.com)