This Girl Almost Died Because She Didn’t Wash Her Makeup Brushes

There are two rules in the beauty world that basically everyone breaks: 1. wash your makeup brushes on the regs, and 2. don’t pop your pimples. Katie Wright, a 21-year-old from Austin, TX, broke both rules and could have died because of it.

It all started when Wright felt what she “thought was a giant under the skin pimple” next to her eyebrows. She popped it, as one does, but instead of that disgusting moment of satisfaction, her face began to swell and intense pain set in.

“It felt like something was going to burst out of my skin,” she wrote on Facebook.

She immediately went to the ER, where she found out the wound wasn’t a zit at all.

“They said it was a very serious case of Cellulitis, which is a version of a Staph infection,” she explained. “It affects the deep cellular tissues with no main source to attack.”

The doctors told her that if she had let the infection go untreated for much longer, there was a high risk of it spreading to her brain or eyes, which could have caused her to go blind or even killed her.

Now that she’s all healed up, Wright warns against using dirty makeup brushes. “This most likely happened from bacteria getting into my eyebrow pencil brush. I’m super strict on washing my face/beauty blender/brushes, but I never thought to disinfect my eyebrow spoolie.”

Start disinfecting now, people.


One thought on “This Girl Almost Died Because She Didn’t Wash Her Makeup Brushes

Add yours

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Powered by

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: